Last Updated on 02/09/2022 by Alfred
Come and visit the Regional Natural Park! Lush greenery nestled in the heart of the Ardennes. Discover the Champagne heritage in an enchanting setting!
Visiting the Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes is one of the best things to do in Ardennes. It almost covers all of the Ardennes.
The Ardennes Regional Natural Park is lined with shimmering meadows, green forests, and peat bogs. It embodies the wild beauty of this magnificent rural territory!
Would you like to visit the Ardennes Regional Natural Park? And admire its breathtaking landscapes? To help you in your adventures, we give you some ideas to discover in this article.
People Also Read: The 6 Most Beautiful Villages in the Ardennes The 19 Fun and Best Things to do in the Ardennes The 9 Most Beautiful Hikes to do in the Ardennes The 13 Unique and Best Things to do in the Grand Est The 7 Best Hiking Trails in Gerardmer (Beautiful Hikes and Walks in Gerardmer)
Visiting the Ardennes Regional Natural Park: A Complete Guide
The Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes, in a few words
The Ardennes Regional Natural Park offers a unique landscape diversity in France! The Ardennes Regional Natural Park is considered one of the most beautiful natural sites in the region!
It started from Givet to Signy-le-Petit via Rocroi, Renvez, and Monthermé,
Visiting the Ardennes Regional Natural Park while hiking is the perfect option! Indeed, it is a preserved natural territory, so the walks are enjoyable.
The Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes has extensive hikes and trails for the bravest. So you are not likely to get bored!
Here are some maintained and marked trails that we highly recommend:
● The path from Falière to Revin;
● The Torchepot trail in Le Frety;
● The Trans Semoysienne: this route is also perfect if you are a fan of rollerblading.
The varied and charming landscapes of the park will seduce you for sure. But do you want to add a little spice? Then visit the Ardennes Regional Natural Park while doing an orienteering race!
● From 8€ per person for 2 hours of entertainment.
The bike ride is ideal for visiting the Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes! Whether you are with your family for a relaxing day or with friends for a sports excursion. Cycling is the best solution!
While strolling, you will be captivated by the surroundings more beautiful than the others. You can enjoy a peaceful walk in the middle of nature, in the heart of the green forests surrounding the picturesque Ardennes villages.
Here are some maintained and marked trails that we highly recommend:
● The Blanc-Caillou ;
● The Fake ;
● The Morhon Valley.
● The 22 marked mountain bike trails total no less than 350 km of bike lane linking Givet to Nouzonville. Also, depending on the path, the difficulty oscillates between level 1 (more accessible) and level 4 (for confirmed);
● 5 mountain bike relays (bike rental, repair, restroom) provide cyclists with a few stops to rest throughout their journey.
4. Horseback riding
This original means of transport will help you exotically visit the Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes. During the excursion, you can admire the beauty of the Ardennes massif. Also, as the many peat bogs, and the local pine forests.
● If you want to discover the surroundings on horseback, know that you can make an excursion for a most of half a day;
● Accompanied hikes are accessible to all levels and children from 6 years old.
5. Survival course
Do you want to do an original activity in the Ardennes Regional Natural Park? Opt for a survival course that will take you off the beaten track. Like Robinson Crusoe, you build a shelter and manage fire, food, and cold! After this activity, you are ready for Koh Lanta!
● The course, accompanied by a former soldier, takes over two days and costs 200 €.
The Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes offers ideal terrain for a quad bike ride. It is an original and fun way to discover the place, which will delight lovers of speed and sensations.
However, quad biking can only be practiced with a supervisor and on the lanes open to traffic in this sensitive natural area.
● Prices vary between 60€ and 100€ depending on the duration of the excursion (1h or 2h) ;
● From 2 to 12 people maximum.
Visiting the Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes in a 4×4 is like becoming a real adventurer with an adventurous soul for a walk. Discover the region in 4×4 hikes to live an unforgettable and original experience. Thrills guaranteed! Here are some routes we recommend:
● The Route of fortifications ;
● The Rimbaud Verlaine Road.
● This (controversial) practice must be organized. With respect for other users of the land and heritage and without compromising the vocation of resourcing the Ardennes massif.
8. Tree climbing
This unique playground offers a range of courses for all desires. Such as Monkey bridges, zip lines, jungle walkways, climbing nets, bridges, and hanging logs. That will delight young and old.
● The entrance to the acrobatic park costs 15€ per person;
● The 6 courses of increasing difficulty are spread over an area of 3 hectares;
● Open from April to September by reservation.
Do you want to challenge yourself? And at the same time, want to visit the Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes? Then opt for the varappe.
It doesn’t matter if you are looking for difficulty or simply pleasure. Whether you are climbing alone, with family, or with friends, in the Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes, you will easily find the location that suits you. Thrills and extraordinary landscapes are guaranteed!
● There are 3 climbing sites: Roc-la-Tour in Monthermé, Les Corpias in Tournavaux and La Roche aux Corbeaux in Hautes-Rivières;
● Access is free while respecting the sites.
If you want to visit the Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes initially and surprisingly, opt for a paragliding flight! During this first flight, despite the fear (just on takeoff, rest assured), do not forget to take a look at the panorama.
Thus, you dominate the green plains, flowery fields, and the region’s most beautiful sites. What could be better than taking the height to admire the immensity and beauty of the place?
● For a paragliding flight over the Ardennes Regional Natural Park, prices vary according to the spots. Most often, the prices oscillate between 70 € and 110 € depending on the options chosen;
● There are 8 areas where paragliding is allowed: the Haybes-Fumay site, the Fallières site in Revin, Le Malgré Tout, the Laifour site, the Monthermé site, the Joigny site, the Nohan site and the Haulmé site. You will be spoilt for choice!
To visit the Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes, you can go windsurfing at Lac des Vielles Forges. This water sport perfectly combines gliding sensations and fun. With family or friends, navigation will be done according to your desires.
● The price is 20€ per person.
12. Pedal boat and bike on the water
Want to visit the Ardennes Regional Natural Park differently? Pedal boats or water bikes are the solutions! They are simple, funny, and friendly and are the ideal ways to quietly go around the Lac des Vielles Forges. If you’re tired of pedaling, take a dip in the lake, checking that others don’t leave without you.
● Pedal boats can accommodate from 1 to 5 people ;
● For water bikes, depending on the rental time (between 30min and 2h), prices vary between 12€ and 28€.
Have you never done Stand Up Paddle? Visiting the Ardennes Regional Natural Park on a board would be an opportunity to get started! Indeed, stable and foam, this board is ideal for discovering a water sport smoothly. The cruising pace you will adopt will allow you to admire the surroundings.
● This is an unsupervised activity, so it is imperative to know how to swim. Also, the wearing of a life jacket is mandatory;
● If minor children take part in the activity, they must be accompanied by a responsible adult;
● Depending on the duration chosen (between 1h and 3h), prices will go from 8€ to 18€ at Lac des Vielles Forges ;
● From 50€/h for the giant paddle.
14. Canoe kayak
What could be better than visiting the Ardennes Regional Natural Park by water? A kayaking activity at Lac des Vielles Forges, does it tempt you? Follow the guide! You discover nature between fun and effort as you have never seen it before. Birds sing, crystal clear waters undulate, creating waves, insects flutter near flowering buds…
● Depending on the number of hours and the type of boat chosen, prices will range from €8 to €18 ;
● The minimum age is 6 years.
15. Electric boat
Boat enthusiasts will be delighted to know that they can easily rent one to visit the Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes. During sublime getaways, you will discover the wonders of the crystal clear expanses of the Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes.
● Prices vary depending on the options chosen and the location of the cruise. For example, to rent a boat in Haybes, fees range from 10€ to 50€.
16. Hot air balloon flight
Do you like to take a little height? That’s good, and it is possible to visit the Regional Natural Park of the Ardennes by Hot Air Balloon. It is a unique experience and a rather original way to discover the beauty of the natural heritage through an aerial view.
● For a hot air balloon flight over the Ardennes Regional Natural Park, prices vary according to the spots. Most often, the prices oscillate between 140 € and 160 € depending on the options chosen.
So, what are you waiting for to visit the Ardennes Regional Natural Park?